Monday, September 21, 2015

Clap Back season is over!


Not everything someone says deserve a response. Yes, I know. You've heard this a million times. Let me be a million and one then. 

It is so disturbing how we find the time and the medium to answer people back, constantly, and so publicly. Facebook and Instagram are not your friend.

Yeah, I know sometimes people can rub you the WRONG way, but understand this. People are watching, reading, learning, sharing, laughing, commenting, re-posting moments of your life even without your knowledge. 

Ladies, we have to keep on our toes. We as children and adults must walk, think and act as if we have invisible eyes on our back 24/7. You may say you don't care, or it is your life, but these things affect where you are able to go, who you are able to work for, and how you are basically able to survive in today's society. I am not saying that you must conform to who you are not, we all are one of a kind, unique in our own way, but remember that mystery holds power also.

One time in my life, I let a person get to me. I didn't even know this person, but they were emailing me, they Facebook me and basically said all types of things about me that I know was not true. I got so upset that I posted one short message on Facebook, because I felt like I had no one to talk to about it and I regretted it immediately. A grown up that I hold dear to my heart told me to calm down and when I did I realized that the internet world does not need to know my reality.

So be the case, if you feel like you don't have anyone to talk to I find that writing things down and re- reading it after you have calmed down gives a clarity to what you have written. If you feel that it could fall into the wrong hands just shred it or light it (safely).


We are not all saints and I am not saying to bite your tongue, all I am saying is you must think before you answer back and how you are going to do that. Social media does not have to be a war zone. 




Have a good day beautiful people. xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment